The processor is also called the Central Processing Unit Computer users must have basic information about this because this is the thing that works from data processing to running software. Choosing the right processor can make your work easier. Abdul Quadir is giving detailed information about various types of processors.
Every user is given a list when buying a new computer – processor, RAM, hard disk, display card etc. Of these, you have to choose the configuration of your need and all these terms are not less complicated than you for French or German. Take the processor – Intel, AMD, Serrron, Pentium, Core2 Duo, Dual Core, IO3, I5 or I7. To find out which of these names should be taken, it is a scary job. The common user knows that the processor is the most important part of a computer, but it does not know which processor he should choose in terms of his computer, work and budget. There is a long list of different types of
processors. More than one core processors have complicated the matter. Add netbooks, tablets and smartphones, then the challenge of choosing the right processor in front of a poor user becomes serious. Then he has no choice but to accept a computer dealer or a hardware engineer. The importance of the processor
– Microprocessor is a chip made of silicon, which contains millions of microscopic transistors. The data of the computer is done through these same transistors. They are so fine that five million transistors come in width of one meter. The common transistor is about 50 nanometers thick, while the human hair is about 10 thousand nanometers.
Moore’s law is famous about microprocessors. According to this, scientists remove such methods every two years that the number of transistors fit in the microprocessor doubles compared to the previous year. This rule has not yet failed. That’s why new and fast processors are coming into the market year after year.
– You might have heard about the speed of processors, like 3 GHz. It gives data processing speed. The faster the processor speed will be, the computer will work as fast as possible.
Intel and AMD
– There are two big companies that make up a computer microprocessor – Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). There is a competition between Intel and AMD to create a better processor than each other.
– Companies like IBM and HP have also been making processors, but if they are found in common personal computers (PCs), then Intel and AMD processors
– A few years ago, Apple-IBM-Motorola’s built power-PC processor was used in Apple computers, but since 2006 Apple has also adopted Intel processors.
Past era processor
– Common desktop PCs are based on Intel’s x86 architecture. The process of developing the processors used in such computers is a continuous process.
– It started from Series 8086 to 80286, 80386, 80486 and Pentium processors. Each of these new generation processors is capable of delivering much speed and more memory (RAM) than the previous generation.
There are also many versions of Pentium (1, 2, 3, 4 etc.), which point to its superior potential and features.
– The dual core Pentium series is the next stop.
– Core means a processor. A few years ago, the practice of using more than one processor began to increase the computer’s processing capacities. This is called Multicore Processor.
– If the computer that has two processors in the chip fit, then it has a dual core and four processors, then the quad core is called.
– The more the core, the more the computer’s processing speed.
Core 2 Duo and Dual Core
Both of them have two cores, but the dual core, where the pentry is ahead, the core 2 duo is a new generation processor.
Core 2 Duo works much faster than the dual core and costs up to 40 percent less electricity.
Core i3, i5, i7, i9
These are Intel’s multicore processors, which are known for their fast speed.
Core i3 is the second generation processor of Core 2 Duo, which is better than that.
– AMD Phenom Processor also comes in this category in terms of performance.
– Two in I3, two or four in I5, two in I7, four or six, and two in I8, four, six or eight cores (according to the model). These cores are more expensive than duo and dual core but increase the speed of data processing. The way the first Pentium 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. were used, similarly the new generation has come up with multicore processors. Core is a brand name.
– The next number (3, 5, 7 etc.) will be as big, the processor will be as modern, fast, better and more expensive.
Intel has developed this lightweight and low-voltage processor processor for netbooks, tablets and smartphones.
– It is also used in many machines related to medical, robotics and communication. The low cost processor’s capacity is very low so it is not used in desktop and laptop.
– The system that runs from the battery and does not require much processing, it’s okay for them.
Intel has also taken a cheap version of its processors, which has been given the name Celeron brand. It is also available as a low-capacity version of the Pentium and is now also available as a cheap version of Core and I series.
– They help keep the computer’s price down but are killed in the performance.
– They come in both desktops and laptops.
Geo & Itanium
– Intel GeoN and Itanium have been developed for computers, which have too much data processing or which are under high pressure such as servers.
– These come in a lot of cost, so the common users are not used in computers. They are more used in companies used in companies, high-end graphic processing computers, web hosting companies, data centers, etc.
Some AMD processors
AMD Sampron and AMD Athlon Neo are the cheap processors offered by Intel’s rival company AMD, which can be counted in the same category as Intel’s Celeron. AMD Phenom and AMD Tourion are better and more speed processors.
32 bit or 64 bit processor
– When buying a laptop or desktop computer, you have to choose one of these two processing systems.
– The use of 64-bit processors is gradually increasing in computers. They process more data at the same time than 32-bit processors. Along with the use of computer RAM, it also increases the speed of the computer.
– A computer with 32 bit processor can be connected to a maximum of 4 GB of RAM, while in 64-bit computers, it can be increased even further.
– The speed of the computer increases as much RAM, but for 64-bit processors, Windows should be 64-bit and the software will be able to take advantage of its full potential.
Which processor for which work
Just surfing the Internet and playing the game sometime. So any single core netbook or desktop computer, which has Atom, Celeron or Pentium single core processor.
Use Microsoft Office, listen to music, watch the internet and watch the video. Then a computer with a dual core or core i3 processor.
Office applications, computer games, HD movies, YouTube videos and so on. So a dual core computer with a core 2 Duo or Core I5 processor
The work of graphics, music making, video editing, programming etc. is to be done. So quad core, core i5 or core i7 processor
Everything should be top class and super fast speed. Take the computer equipped with Core i7 Extreme or Core i9, but it will be expensive.