Pan Card is an important document in India. PAN card is required to file income tax returns, open back account and pay more than Rs. 50,000. PAN card is issued for Indian citizens (also under the age of 18), Indian citizens living abroad and foreign nationals. However, the process of online application for the citizens of these three classes is different. If you are an Indian citizen and you want to apply for a new PAN card, then today we are going to tell you a few steps, with the help of which you can easily apply online.
Required documents to apply for online PAN card
Indian citizens need three types of documents. ID proof in, residence certificate (
Documents should not be three months old) and birth certificates.
1) Document for ID proof
Voter ID Card
Ration Card (Photo should be Attached)
Photo ID card issued by the Central Government or State Government
Pension Card (Photo Attached)
Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-Servicemen Health Scheme Photo Card
Your name, official stamp, on the letterhead of bank certificate or branch. You must have your photo, bank account number on the certificate.
2) Document for housing certificate (any one)
Landline or broadband connection bill
Consumer Gas Connection Card or Gas Pipeline Bill
Bank account statement
Depository Account Statement
Credit card statement
Copy of Post Office Passbook (Your address should be entered)
Voter ID Card
Property Tax (Latest)
Government certificate issued by the government
Property registration document
3) Documents for date of birth
Birth certificate issued by municipal authority or other office.
Pension payment order
Merge Certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage
Government certificates issued by the government
PAN card application fee
For Indian citizens, the application fee will be Rs 116 (in addition to Rs 5 per application fee). Foreign nationals will be required to pay a payment of Rs 1,020 (plus a charge of Rs 5).
How To Apply Online For Pan Card
1) Visit the NSDL or UTITSL website to apply for a PAN card. Both sites are authorized. Let us tell you the steps that how you can apply for a new PAN card from the NSDL site.
2) After clicking on the above link, you will see an online pan application in the upper part of the page. After that go to the application type, click on New PAN – Indian Citizen (Form 49A). If you are a foreign citizen, click on (Form 49AA).
3) Then select the category. Most people will choose the Individual option.
4) Enter the personal information sought after, such as name, date of birth, mobile number etc. After that, insert the captcha code and click the submit button.
5) After that you will have to choose how you want to submit documents for PAN. For this, you have 3 options, you can authenticate via Aadhaar card. You can submit a scan photo via e-sign or send it to the document.
6) We have chosen the process of Aadhaar card. You will have an OTP, then you have to pay.
7) Enter the information sought, such as the base number (optional). Next, click Next.
8) After this you have to click the Next after entering the name, date of birth, address etc.
9) After that click on Make Skin which is AO Code. You may find it complicated to appear but this is simple. After this, it is to choose one of the above Indian citizens, NRIs, defense personnel and government catering options.
10) Then select AO Code, enter your state and region. Wait a few seconds and then you will see a full list of AO codes. After this, scroll down and choose the category you like best. Here you will see many sections like company, non-income people, government employees, private sector employees. If you are not aware of which category you come in, then contact the CA. Select the correct AO code and then click on Next.
11) Select the document for age and residence certificate. After entering the requested information, click the submit button.
12) After that the payment page will open, here you will see many payment options.
13) After verification, the OTP will be called for verification or you can submit the documents by e-sign. Apart from this, as we told you earlier that you can send copies of documents to NSDL. You will receive mail by NSDL on email, after the application has been processed, the PAN card will be delivered to your address.